“Our goal is to sell your fashions at the best possible price, while giving the buyer great value.”
How much do I get paid?
Our tiered consignment structure means that you make more money the higher your fashion sells for. We cover all credit card fees, marketing, photography charges, and applicable shipping fees for items sold in our boutique or on this website. We do NOT charge a one-time, upfront listing fee. We process checks monthly.
Any item that sells between $1 and $1,500, you will receive 40% of the selling price. Any item sold between $1,501 and $2,000, you will receive 50% of the selling price. Any items sold between $2,001 and $4000, you will receive 60% of the selling price. Any item sold above $4,000 you will receive 75% of the selling price.
How do you determine pricing?
We use recent sales of comparable items as a basis for pricing. We use our own record of sales, the past 90 days of completed eBay sales, and also consider the retail value of the item. Other factors such as condition and current trends will affect our pricing decision.
What items does Designer Consigner accept?
[This is not a complete list but it will give you an idea of they type of items and designer wear we accept. Please contact us if you have ANY questions.]
- Clothing, Shoes & Accessories: Clothing by Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent, Burberry, Balenciaga, Donna Karan, Chanel, Armani, and many more lesser known, upcoming designers; shoes by Jimmy Choo, Christian Louboutin, Manolo Blahnik and MANY more.
- Watches: Timepieces by Cartier, Breitling, Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Omega, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Panerai and more.
- Fine Jewelry: Tiffany & Co, Cartier, David Webb, Verdura, Kwiat, H. Stern, Seaman Schepps, Estate Collections and more.
- Bags & Accessories: Handbags and Luggage by high-end designer brands such as Hermès, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Chloe and others.
Consignment Acceptance Schedule
March – June: Accept Spring/Summer Fashions
October – December: Accept Fall/Winter Fashions
What condition do my items need to be in?
Items must be in excellent to near excellent condition. This means no tears, stains, fading, missing buttons, or broken zippers. Your items must be clean and the style must be current (1 – 2 years old).
What happens if my item does not sell?
Most consignment items will sell within 30 days. However, if item is not sold after 30 days we will reduce the price.
Why should I consign with Designer Consigner?
When you sell with us, you’re gaining access 3 to powerful selling venues.
1. Our boutique is located in Granite Bay, California which is an upscale community of Sacramento. Our affluent and sophisticated clientele has a median household income that is 108% higher than the rest of California!
2. Our website has serious buyers shopping its pages every day.
3. Our ebay store. We have been selling on eBay for over 9 years and have built a trusted following of shoppers. We are very proud to have been awarded eBay’s top distinction (Top Rated Seller) which accounts for only 10% of all ebay sellers.
Why shouldn’t I just sell my items myself?
At first glance you may think, why should I pay someone else to do this when I can do it myself?
The truth is, selling online can be very time-consuming and frustrating. You need to be familiar with pricing, writing compelling descriptions, measuring, and other selling strategies. You must take clear photos that show off your items. This is truly an art. Answering customer service inquires can be time consuming.
When it’s all said and done, many fashion lovers agree that our tiered consignment structure and established online reputation is well worth the benefit of leaving all of this to us.